To support a female trainee to undertake a carpentry qualification in preparation for an apprenticeship with Johnstone Construction.
One Award will be granted for study in 2018.
Applications Due: Friday 4th November 2017
Criteria for this award:
b) New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents;
c) enrolled for full time study in 2018, in a Level 3 or above qualification in building or carpentry.
In making this award, the selection committee will consider:
a) the applicant’s ability to complete the course;
b) the applicant’s availability to undertake paid work with Johnstone Construction during semester breaks;
c) the applicants desire and suitability to work in the commercial construction industry.
1. The Johnstone Construction Training Award is for the reimbursement of course fees on the successful completion of your course and the provision of power-tools for use during work experience.
2. The reimbursement of course fees will be paid in instalments as the qualification is undertaken. A minimum of 85% attendance is required as well as completion of course theory work.
3. If the recipient decides not to get their tools through Study Link’s ‘Course Related Costs’ loan then the recipient will provide Johnstone Construction with the required tools list and Johnstone Construction will procure them on the student’s behalf.
4. The recipient will be available to undertake paid work with Johnstone Construction during their semester breaks from Unitec to supplement their studies.
5. At the successful completion of their qualification the recipient, after a post-study interview, will be available to join Johnstone Construction full-time as an Apprentice Carpenter over and above any other company which would engage the recipient in the role of Apprentice Carpenter.
Each applicant for this award must complete and return the application form, together with:
a) evidence of acceptance or enrolment to a L3 and above Building or Carpentry course;
b) a certified copy* of academic results from current courses and any previous study;
c) an up-to-date CV with details of prior work experience, paid or unpaid (for example, part time work, child-care);
d) a brief outline of future career aspirations;
e) contact information for 2 referees or two written references from referees.
f) a certified copy* of evidence of status as a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident (not Driver Licence)
*“Certified copy” means a copy of the original certified as true by an appropriate authority (for example, Academic Registrar, Head of Department, Study Supervisor, or Justice of the Peace).
1. Complete and return the application form and supporting documents by Friday 4th November 2017.
2. Johnstone Construction will review complete applications and select finalists by Friday 10th November 2017.
3. Finalists will be informed by phone or email in the week of 13 November 2017.
4. Finalists will undertake a panel interview, and potentially a site visit, with the Johnstone Construction team in the week of 20 or 27 November 2017.
5. Johnstone Construction will contact referees.
6. Finalists will be informed of the outcome of the interview and provided with feedback about their application.
7. The Award recipient will be announced at the beginning of December 2017.
To request an application form or any enquiries about these awards please contact: email@example.com
Completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on the closing date.
Closing date: Friday 4th November, 2017
Download the application form: Johnstone Award 2018